It’s been wonderful to take part in some incredible masterclasses led by my horses to uncover what they really love, understand and enjoy.
After diligently following the Genuine Horse Development Course for the past couple of years it’s been a massive pleasure to take the bridle off and allow the horses to reveal the naked truth about how they feel about their body, the academic work and ultimately our relationship.
When we take away the reins and the halter the horse immediately knows our ability to coerce them is depleted and all we have left is the truth.
The truth is unless we can have fun with horses, and they feel they can have fun with us then the connection ceases to exist.
Whether you are playing with Liberty for the first time or you’re a seasoned pro I’d love to invite you to join me in this experience at the Liberty Masterclass here at Student of the Horse HQ, in the heart of the beautiful Shropshire countryside.
What to expect from this incredible Master Class and what we will learn
- How to educate your horse to seek contact and develop your connection
- Have fun with developing calm exuberance and play
- Explore advanced body awareness exercises uncovering stretching, collection, Spanish walk and lie down
- All individual lessons catered to you and your horse’s level of experience
Where appropriate you will also have the opportunity to advance your feeling by practising with some of my advanced horses in order to be clearer on the feeling you want your horse to connect with.
You are right for this Master Class if:
- You love horses and want to achieve a genuine connection
- You love liberty but are not sure where to start
- You already have a liberty horse but are unsure of how to progress further
- You dream of riding bridless but are afraid of where to begin
This course is open to anyone at any level, take part with your own horse or one of our teaching horses. Book a participants space for £175. Non participating spectator places are also available. Priority booking and discounts will be given to Genuine Horse Development Course delegates.
I can’t wait to share this amazing experience with you all.
GHDC 2021 partecipants seats are over.
You can book one or more spectators seats or preregister for GHDC 2022.
The lost and beautiful component
£50 per spectator
WHAT IS THE GENUINE HORSE DEVELOPMENT COURSE?
The GHDC is a 6-module programme focussing on the six key elements of training:
- Basic Horsemanship Skills
- Ground Work
- In Hand Skills
The course includes:
- Six theory modules and demo sessions over a two day period (weekdays or weekends) that you can either attend in person here at Student of the Horse HQ or from the comfort of your laptop (via Zoom).
- Each Module equates to approximately two hours of one to one coaching in the arena, which can now take place either following a theory module and demo session or at a mutually convenient Training Day later in the month. It will also now be possible to attend your training days in a one on one capacity or in a small group where you’re able to observe each other’s work. Alternatively, if you’d rather not travel at all you can film your own work and schedule a feedback session via Zoom for each Module.
- Your horse’s board, or access to school horses, allowing you to experience exercises ahead of you and/or your own horse’s age and stage.
- Additional one-to-one private coaching at a discounted hourly rate, either in person or via Zoom.
- The opportunity to observe Arran’s ‘Foal to Professor’ journey with multiple horses and stallions of different ages, either in person or via the private Facebook Group.
- Access to our upcoming Coaching Video Library, which will include recordings of each and every Module of the GHDC (should you be unable to attend either live or via Zoom), as well as additional content, including ‘how to’ guides. It will also include access to all recorded footage from the GHDC 2020 Modules.
- Regular opportunities to holiday with your horse at Student of the Horse HQ in the beautiful Shropshire countryside.
- An online folder containing detailed notes and diagrams of the six training components.
- Access to optional testing and assessment days to track your ongoing progress as well as unlimited email support.
- The cumulative benefit of joining a well-established course now entering its sixth year, which will give you confidence and experience in the following training components:
Module 1: The Art of Basic Horsemanship Skills
Mastering your Basic Horsemanship Skills will give you the foundations on which your horses academic education can be built. Heightening your awareness and developing a sense of effortless effort, way beyond what you ever thought possible.
Module 2: The Art of Groundwork
By taking the time to study and Master Groundwork according to the Great Masters, you will Achieve Balance, Symmetry and Confidence.
Module 3: The Art of In Hand work
This course enables you to develop a complete understanding of the Academic Framework of the aids before starting Lunging or Ridden work.
In-Hand work will strengthen your Combined Body Awareness and give you and your horse a more Complete Understanding of each other’s strengths and limitations.
Module 4: The Art of Lunging
This course provides you with the skills to assess and develop all three gaits, improves Rhythm, Balance, Tempo and Relaxation.
Lunging without knowledge can be very detrimental to your horse’s mind and body, but The Art of Lunging can transform your horse’s way of going immeasurably.
Module 5: The Art of Riding
By Mastering the previous modules your horse will be Calm, Relaxed with the Knowledge of how to Rebalance Himself and adjust his Point Of Mass.
It is because of your great preparation in the previous 4 modules that whether it’s a First Ride or your one hundredth ride you will both move away from the mounting block in complete Balance, Confidence and Togetherness.
Module 6: The Art of Liberty
As in life, a complete understanding brings more Freedom.
In this course, you will truly reap the rewards of taking the time to progress your Combined Body Awareness.
We will enable you to experience complete Freedom, in shared understanding between you and your horse. A Truly Life Changing Experience.
If you are really passionate about the true wellbeing of your horse and want to gain a full understanding of how to build and deepen this relationship and achieved things you never dreamed of I would encourage you to start your journey now…”
While the six month format of the GHDC will not change, in 2021 you now have the option to pick from a selection of weekend or weekday dates to better suit your availability. You also have the option of attending the theory and demonstration either in person (with your horse or a teaching horse) or via Zoom. If you do choose to join via Zoom you will then be able to schedule a training day in order to receive your allotted arena time, either with your horse or with one of our teaching horses. Alternatively if you’d rather not travel at all you can film your own work and schedule feedback session via Zoom for the two hours training time allotted per Module.
Please specify whether you would prefer a weekend or a weekday course using the comments box below, though there is of course the option to attend either depending on what is convenient for you.
£191.00 per month for 11 months (for returning delegates)
£199.00 per month for 11 months (for new delegates)
If you are planning to attend the course with another family member we are now pleased to offer you both a combined rate of £291 per month for 11 months.
In order to maintain the intimate and dedicated nature of the Genuine Horse Development Course we only have limited spaces left for 2021. If your application does not get accepted this time you may still get accepted at a later date.